Hi all
Saturday today, which means it was arm day. I always start arms with Bi's for 4 exercises 4 sets each of 10-15 reps. I keep the reps higher if I can 12-18, this really gets the blood into the muscle and forces the skin as tight as it can go. I also try to mix it up a bit. Low heavy reps but as soon as I complete the heavy reps I drop the weight and grab a weight roughly 1/2 the poundage and rep out to 18-20 reps. this again forces the blood in. After this if you have done it correct you should not be able to hang onto the weight for at least 2 mins. then do it again for 4 sets. If I have trained arms properly I will end up with a min pump of 1" at the end of the session.
Triceps I train the same way, mid to high reps always to failure. I try not to go to heavy as I have to be wary of my wrists and elbow joints. Being over 40 does add it's challenges to the sessions. If you train smart and know your body you can still grow and grow regularly after 40.
Listen to your body and what it is telling you. New comers will have to train for a while to get in tune with this aspect of training, but it is very important to avoid long term injuries.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment