Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Lets Get Pumped

Today was my day off from the gym. I usually train 5 days a week, one bodypart per day. As we are now gettinginto the fall schedule I will start to take Wed. off and train Saturday instead, I will most likley do this most of the winter months.
I am an early morning trainer. I hit the gym anytime between 6:00 am and 7:00 am and train for roughly 45 - 60minutes. I would consider myself somewhat of a intermediate bodybuilder. I currently weigh 255lbs, not too much around the middle, keeping my waiste at 40". My goal is to bring that down over the next few months to around 36", but at 44 it will be very hard work.
My reason for this blog is to hopefully sharre some of my insight and experiences I have encountered since I started training at the age of 16. I was 149 lbs in grade 10 and for anyone who thinks that is not bad try being 149 lbs at 6'-1" in high school. I was contantly teased and harrased. So I started training, as a hard gainer though I did not really succed in gaining to much weight untill I was almost 30. My metabolism was rocket fast, I would actually consume 200 grams of protein a day just from powders add that to the meals I ate, I was taking a lot of protein. But it was nit until I physically slowed my life down outside of the gym, ball, hockey etc. that I finally started to put some weight on. As a rsult at 44 today I am 255, I woudl love to hit 275 at 6'-2" and then lean out to around 250.
The other reason for this blog is that hopefully some of you will offer your advice and experiences in return.

Thank you for now.
Parry

No comments:

Add to Technorati Favorites